top of page

Instructor Visa in Japan

Updated: May 17, 2021

Just like any visa in any country they all have specific rules. An instructor visa is designed for ALTs in Japan. The rule is, you must have 12 years or more in English studies, and a associate's degree or higher. If you are under 12 years, in some cases working as an English teacher can be counted in the 12 years Also, the type of degree include like a Master's degree in English without 12 years maybe 👍. Ultimately, it is the Japanese immigration office’s decision to grant visas or not. If the visa is not granted, we cannot protest or fight it. We just have to accept that this is their decision and it holds great power.

47 views0 comments